Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Ginataang Tilapia

We're been eating meat for one whole week now so I decided to hoard some fish from the supermarket. I brought Tilapia for my Ginataang tilapia, Salmon head for Sinigang and Ispada which I'm planning to fry..this will be my menu from today till tomorrow.

"Ginataan" is a Filipino cooking method which means cooked in coconut milk. This method is popularized by the our kababayang Bicolanos.

Let me share to you guys my recipe for Ginataang Tilapia :)


Ingredients:

1can coconut milk
2-3 pcs medium size tilapia
4 cloves garlic
1 medium size sliced onion
Ginger
1 medium size tomato
2 tbsp. shirmp paste/bagoong alamang (i used Barrio Fiesta)
1 tbsp. patis
2 pcs. siling labuyo/finger chili
1 bundle of Pechay
pepper

Procedure:

1. Simmer coconut milk, garlic, onion, ginger and tomatoes while stirring.
2. Add in the shrimp paste and patis. Boil for 2-3 minutes.
3. Put in the cleaned tilapia and simmer for 4-5 minutes or till the sauce is slightly thickened.Add siling labuyo/finger chili and pepper to taste.
4. When almost done dumb in your pechay and cover. Serve hot with rice.


Healthy cooking :)


No comments:

Post a Comment